It is good news. I accepted an offer with GlobalFoundries in NY, starting 9/23. The role and offer too good to pass up.
Lessons/Reflections on the job search:
- I will maintain, and build my professional network
- Large numbers of people are graciously willing to help
- Some of the best times during my search is when I was helping other people
- A daily “work” routine was extremely helpful in keeping me focused
- Having opportunity to interview early on, and blow it, was profoundly beneficial
- Sizing up my available job market in semiconductors and in the Phoenix area made it clear I needed to expand my job search into new industries and nationwide
- I developed a new technical interest…biofuels/energy, bio-waste treatment
- There is a huge world outside of Intel where highly intelligent and interesting people are also doing remarkable science, and more amazing is the honor some will take my call
- Job search was a good and useful experience for me
Yikes, only four weeks! Not much time to weed through 27 years of household accumulation, pick a new place to live, and get mentally and tactically prepared for the new job. If Chandler, AZ floats a bond in the next election to raise money for a new landfill, sorry but that is probably our fault! Seriously though, there is a lot to do between now and my start date.
And much more after.